Bandirma Hayal Bahçeler's landscape is designed to stimulate creative endeavour, imaginative thinking and knowledge sharing. It's also a space for respite within a tranquil setting. Through an integrated layering of dramatic landscapes, multi-level experiences and sensory stimulators, Bandirma Hayal Bahçeler emerges from its historical remnants as an international symbol for creative endeavour. Contrasting landscapes such as the iconic 'Oval', 'Botanic Garden', 'Orchard 'and 'Southern Terraces' are all framed by a dramatic natural urban forest that strengthens the sites existing Garrigue formation. The evolutionary principles that frame the concept are as follows;
– Integrate: Seamlessly integrate with the sites emerging context.
– Organise: Organise the site using an iconic form.
– Juxtapose: Juxtapose the contemporary with the old.
– Define: Define the open space with a built form.
– Respond: Respond to the sites history with a contemporary bold layer.
– Connect: Connect the site to its context and surroundings.
– Icon: Create an icon that has a national and international presence.